- How many sides does it have? (A rectangle has four sides).
- How many inside angles does it have? (A rectangle has four inside angles).
- A characteristic of its sides. (The rectangle has two pairs of equal opposite sides).
- What are its inside angles? (Each one of the interior angles of a rectangle is called a “right angle”).
- What is its definition? (A rectangle is defined as a parallelogram with four equal angles).
- What is the sum of all its interior angles? The sum of all the interior angles of a rectangle is 360°.
- State that it is a two-dimensional figure. (Rectangles are two-dimensional figures).
- State that it is studied in plane geometry. (Rectangles are studied in the branch of geometry called plane geometry).
- In plane geometry how is the shape classified? (In plane geometry a rectangle is classified as a type of convex quadrilateral).
- What is the root of the name of the shape? (The word rectangle comes from the Latin words rectus, meaning “right”, and angulus, meaning “angle”, describing the four interior right angles of the rectangle).